Linear vibration plastic welding is a kinds of friction plastic joining technology that one thermoplastic part half is held with no moving while the other thermoplastic half is doing reciprocating motion (called as linear vibration) in fixed high frequency and vibration amplitude under pressure, through which heating energy is generated to melt thermoplastic material at the contacting surface. When the melting reaches enough quantity, vibration stop and keeps two plastic part halves together at the original relative position until the molten thermoplastic material become re-solidified and form joining.
Advantages of vibration plastic welding
- High welding ability: vibration welding is applied to finish the most challenging thermoplastic joining in large welding size, challenge material such as nylon, complex geometric shape design, etc;
- Perfect welding result: strong welding strength, airtightness and no mark on the shown surface;
- Effective plastic joining, vibration welding cycle time normally is 20~30S;
- Low power consumption compared to hot platen welding, the power consumed by the vibration system only during vibration;
- Clean welding, no smoke generated during vibration welding;
- Can achieve welding process control and supervision digitally.
Critical Parameter of Vibration Welding;
Factors Concerned to Vibration Welded Parts Design:
- The amplitude of vibration;
- Vibration time;
- Vibration welding depth;
- Welding force (pressure).
- The material of thermoplastic Parts;
- Vibration direction;
- Space for vibration distance;
- Joining line depth and width;
- Supporting under joining area;
- The parts holding;
- Welding outlook;
- The strength of the plastic parts wall.